Ascorbic acid, or vitamin C, is one of the most important water-soluble vitamins. It has many roles and has been linked to impressive health benefits. Humans are one of the few species that cannot manufacture its own vitamin C. Although most fresh fruits and vegetables are a good source, vitamin C is one of the least stable vitamins and can therefore be destroyed by exposure to heat, such as through cooking. In addition, vitamin C cannot be stored by the body since it’s a water-soluble vitamin. This makes daily repletion necessary to avoid the development of deficiency symptoms. Vitamin C is needed for collagen production, which is vital for the maintenance of many of the body’s tissues, including joints, bones, teeth, gums, skin and arteries. This makes it also essential for wound healing. Not only is vitamin C an antioxidant capable of neutralizing molecules that cause cellular damage; it serves to regenerate other antioxidant nutrients such as vitamin E. Vitamin C is necessary for bile production, influencing the digestion of fats. The nutrient is also key for the production of the neurotransmitters responsible for how we feel and function. Pure Labs Vitamin C provides 1000 milligrams of clean and pure ascorbic acid in each vegetable capsule. In this form, it can be used as a vitamin C flush protocol to promote detoxification. It is sourced from non-GMO potato, corn-free and is free of sodium and calcium. Like all PLV products, PLV Vitamin C is gluten-free.
- A POWERFUL ANTIOXIDANT: Vitamin C is a strong antioxidant that can increase your blood antioxidant levels. This helps to strengthen your body’s natural defences against inflammation.
- VITAL TO THE IMMUNE SYSTEM: Vitamin C is essential for an effective immune system by increasing the strength and protection of the body. It will help you to avert illnesses such as colds and flu, strengthen your skin’s defence system and help wounds heal faster
- IRON-DEFICIENCY ANEMIA: Vitamin C helps in converting iron that is poorly absorbed such as iron from meat-free sources, into a form that is easier to be absorbed by the body. As a result, vitamin C may help to reduce the risk of anemia for people prone to iron deficiency
- COLLAGEN PRODUCTION: Vitamin C helps build the protein collagen and combined with the improved absorption of iron you will enjoy healthier skin and hair. If you want clearer skin and stronger hair then vitamin C plays a major role in making sure this becomes a reality
- Formulated and made in Canada