Palmitoylethanolamide (PEA) is a long chain fatty acid naturally produced by the body but also found in foods such as egg yolk, soy and sunflower oils. This molecule, researched for its unique and varied health benefits for eighty years, is now receiving attention because of its crucial role in the endocannabinoid system (ECS). The ECS is a lipid communication network with critical physiological functions. It is a signalingnetwork that communicates with other systems throughout the body, helping to regulate them. PEA is an endocannabinoid produced locally by the cells, and it accumulates in tissues following any injury, physical stress or pain. By inhibitingthe activation of mast cells that cause additional inflammation (such as the release of histamine), PEA acts as a potent anti-inflammatory agent. This unique molecule has other direct and indirect mechanisms of action; it even enhances the action of other endocannabinoids through its ?entourage effect?. The PEA molecule has been clinically demonstrated to relieve pain in osteoarthritis of the knee as well as to reduce symptoms of low back pain. This mighty little molecule is well toleratedfor athletes, children and seniors.
- Scientifically shown to help reduce chronic pain and inflammation
- A naturally occurring long-chain fatty acid amide, generally produced in response to various triggers including inflammation
- Studied for 80 years and by more than 300+ medical studies
- Capsules for your convenience
- EC Support, Gluten Free, Non-GMO, Vegan Society